Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 drops out in same position as older cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
T99
Follower
Follower

Hi ,

First post , had the older Hd 4 camera system for 2 years worked perfectly

Just purchased pro 3 as an upgrade , it has been the start of a nightmare led by Alladin in European support

The 4 camera system worked for 2 years I swapped (exactly same mounts and positions ) to the pro 3 and lost 2 cameras !!! Rotated the cameras and found it to be the positions rather than individual cameras as each dropped out when changed

Arlo blamed base station and swapped (same issue ) rude staff in technical support asked for pictures of. My internet speed 24 times (provided 23 times ) the. They blame this speeds 28 and 12 on regular checks

They advised me to buy a mesh system (they deny this , SAR raised against Arlo)

I have managed to get 3 cameras working (please remember 4 older cameras worked perfectly in these positions )

Now to add insult to the situation , I went to join the now charged for subscription and they only except credit cards (which I have American Express ) which they don’t except

The camera not working is on the external wall covering the drive 8 feet from the router in a straight upward line

I have gone from being a big Arlo fan to upgrading and literally wanting to Chuck it all in the bin

Any ideas on paying for the subscription with out a credit card they accept

1 REPLY 1
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I feel your pain!
Just to note your distance of cameras to router is irrelevant, its the distance from camera to hub, if you still cant position the hub to get all cameras you can always get a second hub new or from ebay and run 2 and 2 cameras.
In regards to bank card situation, maybe just open another account just for your arlo cameras direct debit.
Or just use the usb option

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation