Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 - disappointed and feeling cheated

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 2 arlo pro 3 cameras from an online store which clearly said on their website "You can store a rolling 7 days of motion or audio triggered footage in Arlo’s cloud storage for free, too."  I'm now at the end of the 3 month free trial and no I don't have 7 days free cloud storage.  I'm totally disgusted - I paid over £500 for the cameras and without cloud storage the system is next to useless.  Yes I have added a usb drive but it's no way near as useful if I'm the only one able to view recordings and only when I'm at home.  Yes it's only £7.99 a month subscription but I begrudge paying this to a greedy company when this wasn't made clear at the outset and the product wasn't particularly cheap in the first place. Grrrr 😞

Best answers
  • jguerdat
    Guru
    Guru

You're mixing up cameras and/or the store's website is incorrect. Any camera from the Pro 2 and below get the free 7 day, 5 camera plan. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription which is spelled out in the Arlo documentation and, I believe, the Arlo packaging. Your anger should be aimed at the seller, not Arlo, for misleading/incorrect wording.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're mixing up cameras and/or the store's website is incorrect. Any camera from the Pro 2 and below get the free 7 day, 5 camera plan. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription which is spelled out in the Arlo documentation and, I believe, the Arlo packaging. Your anger should be aimed at the seller, not Arlo, for misleading/incorrect wording.

Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this, I had already taken this up with the seller before posting and I've since asked them to clarify why they provided incorrect advice. This is their reply:

"Having reviewed your case, I am writing to inform you that, as previously advised by my colleague, the description stating that 'You can store a rolling 7 days of motion or audio triggered footage in Arlo’s cloud storage for free, too.' was provided by Arlo themselves as part of their support for this product. As such, our best recommendation is to contact them directly for further assistance with this matter."

So how do I take this up with Arlo directly?  I should add that the seller is a reputable company, a household name with large department stores across the UK.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Hate to tell you but the company is wrong or mixed the Pro3 with the Pro2 and older as posted earlier. All documentation for Pro3 states 3 month trial for smart and 30 day storage. The trial is right on the box. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation