Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 camera sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wayneweb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firstly, Merry Christmas to all!
My doubt/question is this. I have a big old house with thick walls. 4 arlo pro 3 cameras are outside. Now if i place my basestation at the front i pickup the 2 camera at the front. But not the cameras at the back. Vice versa if i place the base station at the back.
No one place gets all 4 camera. Now i have netgear Orbi mesh wifi all over the house. Can't the Arlo pro 3 cameras go through my existing wifi to my basestation which is connected to my Orbi router. And if not what's the solution?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wayneweb wrote:
Now i have netgear Orbi mesh wifi all over the house. Can't the Arlo pro 3 cameras go through my existing wifi to my basestation which is connected to my Orbi router.

No.  The base creates a closed wifi network, and the cameras connect to that.

@Wayneweb wrote:
 And if not what's the solution?

You can purchase a second base.

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I also have 4 cameras, and I had to go to 2 bases, one for the front and one for the rear of the house, or all the cameras would not connect.
Swexy
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you add a second base, how could you connect that to your router?
We have just got Pro 3 with 4 cameras and are having similar problems getting signal to all cameras on our lifestyle property. I don't want cables everywhere!
Wayneweb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the replies.
But it doesn't really help much. If I buy (convenient for netgear) another base I still have to connect it to the router which is too far away from all 4 cameras.
Unless i cable it and then i might have well POEd my system which would have cost a fraction of the Arlo 3 system.
I still don't understand why the cameras can't (if req) connect to my Netgear Orbi system which has full coverage. I'm not a bank so video images are less important than what's on my network.
Any other solutions appreciated.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation