Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app stuck on sign in page

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been stuck on the signing in screen since this morning, I have only just set up my camera for 2 days and everything works fine until this morning, is anyone experiencing the same issue? The web app still works, just the mobile app. I have even tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, nothing's works, very frustrated.

IMG_527B7C31FD59-1.jpeg

Also, on the web app, I am missing the Basestation as an device, I have set up everything via the app (when it still works) and the camera shows on the web app fine but is missing the base station entry, am I suppose to re-setup the base station via web app?? ie. unhook everything and start again. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 4.22.55 PM.png

37 REPLIES 37
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the phone and maybe reinstalling the app. There's no outage or other issue that I've expereinced.

As for the "missing" base, it should really only show in Settings, My Devices. The web won't show it anyplace else while the app has a button at the bottom of the devices in the Devices tab.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blkicy,

I've not been able to reproduce the login issue you describe. Are you still experiencing an issue logging in today?

JamesC

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still stuck on the login, it is now 3 days. 

I have tried to reboot the phone, reinstall the app several times. My wife is experiencing the exact same issue on her iphone, she's got her own account which I added to allow her to view the cameras so it has something to do with my account, it seems to be a mobile app bug related to my credential. 

The whole point for me to get this camera is because of the mobile app, and it's only been in action for 1 day, very frustrated to the point I am thinking to return the thing, I hope it doesn't come to that. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blkicy,

Do you experience this login issue regardless of whether or not your mobile phone is connected to WiFi or cellular data?

JamesC

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes same result regardless of the network
Okie007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine worked for one day and today is stuck on sign in screen as well. I’ve deleted app and rebooted my phone multiple times, WiFi and no WiFi on both my phone and wife’s separate account and stuck on sign in screen for hours.
Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh great, now my web app dont work as well, it's asking me to verify phone number via text, the text message never gets sent no matter how many times I try to resend it! 

I am now REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATED!

JOv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Installed my video doorbell 3 days ago. App went to the "Signing In" spin yesterday afternoon. I have been able to access my camera through the web app though, not that I would use the web app that often.

Additionally, the doorbell is still communicating with my Echo Show 5. However, regardless of the Arlo video resolution I set, I have yet to be able to view it through the Show, which is disappointing.

JOv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: And no sooner did I post this, than the app is back on line.

Dancor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same issue. My wife didn’t do the update for the app. She had no problem at all... I’m still unable to log in...
Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the app decides to work now!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear. If anyone is still experiencing this issue. Please let me know.

JamesC

MsLaura
Aspirant
Aspirant
Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it just decided to stuck on signing in page again, my god what's going on!!??

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also how do you verify your phone number??? 
The text message does not get sent to my mobile no matter what I tried.. jesus Arlo!

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I am stuck on the signing in screen on mobile app, and stuck on the verify phone number screen on the web app because I never able to receive the text message, what the hell is the point of getting security camera when you can't see anything.

EziAmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine works on my phone, but has been stuck on sign in on my iPad for 3 days.
Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is pretty quick to reply when I thought problem has been solved, but does not seem to respond when the issue persists. 

Arlo, please respond?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blkicy,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have sent an email to support center on the first day I opened this thread and received a case number #41710841 but have yet to receive any reply.

Would you be able to look it up for me James?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blkicy,

I've escalated your ticket and requested an update on it's status. An agent should be reaching out to you shortly.

JamesC

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, looking forward to that. I really need this to be up and running ASAP. Issue still persist as of now on both web and the app. 

Blkicy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC Can you please tell me how long do I need to wait for the solution to happen or am I just wait to someone to 'respond' that they acknowledge my issue and is working on a solution? 

I have paid top dollar to get supposedly top of the line security camera only to be in action for 1 day. I spend a day climbing to my roof to install cameras in various place only to find out I can't see anything, not on my mobile phone, not on the web app. I need this to be sorted out in ONE WEEK or this thing is going back for a refund.

Seriously, there are major flaws with your product and the least you guys can do is respond to your user quickly and promptly, OR, do a call back until you have fixed your bugs.

Dancor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
After 3 days trying this out... i found my solution when i login at a new device. For me it was my other iPhone. After that no more issues. Even vingerplint login worked... maybe this helps...
Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation