Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 constant false alerts at night

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jenguran
Follower
Follower

During the day everything is great, activity zones seem to work perfectly. At night it's constant alerts. Any time a car drives by, if the splash from their headlights hits anywhere in my yard, alert. I contacted Arlo tech support, they were mostly useless. Had me turn the sensitivity down to 40, which solved nothing.

These replaced a set of Lorex cameras that didn't do this. I'd maybe get 1,  sometimes 2 false alerts at night but that was it. 

I got 3 false alerts while I was typing this. Anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Positioning your cameras differently may help, too. Many folks try to get too large a view for the cameras, leading to false triggers. Rotate them down to remove areas of no real concern. Remember that people can only be detected out to ~25 feet so any view beyond that may be excluded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes this does happen and yes it does it with mine. The only solution is to point the camera in a different direction or in smart notifications disable other motion for alerts. I have mine set for people only. You'll still get recordings but no alerts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Positioning your cameras differently may help, too. Many folks try to get too large a view for the cameras, leading to false triggers. Rotate them down to remove areas of no real concern. Remember that people can only be detected out to ~25 feet so any view beyond that may be excluded.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation