Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro three cameras disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Pgator
Follower
Follower
I’m posting this for other who may have the same issue. I have cameras that will not connect to the Arlo hub. If I move the hub closer these cameras connect but then other cameras disconnect. It may seem obvious to some but your home WiFi network really has nothing to do with functionality of the Hub and camera system. The hub forms it’s own network with cameras and if a camera is too far from the hub or there is interference your camera will not respond. After a great deal of time on the phone with support it seems the only way to increase your coverage with the hub is to buy a second hub and place the two hubs apart from each but closer to your cameras farthest away. I am hopeful this second hub will solve the problem. It’s too bad Arlo can’t piggy back on home WiFi signal to improve coverage. I’m in for over $1200 to get my Arlo pro 3 with 6 cameras working properly. I hope people see this and read it. My home is 2700 square feet. I live on a 50ft by 100 ft lot. The cameras only connect to the hub with a line of site distance of 300 feet. Unless you live in a 1000 square foot home and are able to put up your cameras very close to the hub expect problems. I wish this was clearer when I went all in. Now I am stuck with a very expensive product that I am not sure will meet my needs. I bought this product because the internet and app interface seemed superior. Doesn’t matter how good that interface is if the cameras can’t connect to the hub and out to the internet.
0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation