Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro bracket parts

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mi-b
Follower
Follower

I love my Arlo Pro cameras.  For the cost they are a good value.  My problem is with the support bracket supports.  The round screw wheels used to secure the camera on the bracket has begun to deteriorate.  From the weather one has cracked and another is just about to fail.  Is there anywhere I can buy just these wheels?  They seem to be the weak part of the installed configuration.  I appreciate any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not available to my knowledge....

But go to the hardware store and just buy a 1/4-20  threaded nut for the screw part

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Neat idea.

That works because the screw thread on Arlo cameras is industry standard, the same as you will find on most cameras and photo kit. So you can adapt anything that works on those to meet your needs on an Arlo camera.

You can even ditch the Arlo supports for anything else that takes your fancy.

I have some of these:

41NBEfHGulL

Look at the top of that. Oh, and they are inexpensive.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I don't use the lock nuts. I just snug the camera down on the threads (~3 full turns) and leave it there. While that makes it slightly easier for someone to unscrew the camera, it's not by much.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation