Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3s Die With ANY Regular Use

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlouser3292021
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Pro 3 to face my street Earlier this year. This means it got hundreds of motion triggers a day. A couple months ago it stopped working. It was "connected" but I could not play video, and the battery constantly drained even with solar attached. I walked through the EXCRUCIATINGLY long troubleshoot process (remove, reset, remove, change battery, exclude wifi channels, try from computer instead of app, reset, reset, RESET) until, lo and behold, we could agree that the broken camera was broken and I have the privilege of paying to ship it to them so I could get a clearly refurbished replacement. 

I've had the "new" camera up for a few days working fine. I have a few other cameras that are just over a year old and past their warranty. Guess what one of these cameras is doing? The one with the SECOND most amount of motion triggers?

Connected to solar, battery is draining, video won't play, shows as connected to the base station, no amount of resets or syncs change this.

These cameras were bought several months apart, in different calendar years, and have the exact same problem. The quality on these is utter garbage and since it's beyond warranty there's nothing for it I guess?

So if you want a camera to spot an occasional deer in your backyard once or twice a month, go for it. Personally, I will be going with another company sometime next year. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention after resetting and re-pairing, it'll be "connected" then flicker offline before being "connected" again despite having zero functionality. 

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

If you are getting hundreds of motion recordings a day try removing the street from the view. I would image this is draining the battery fast. The 3-6 month claim is for 5 minutes a day live and recordings.  I get about 2 months with 5- 10 or so recordings a day give or take. You could try AC connection. Also this may help. 

How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

Arlouser3292021
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't have any problem with the battery draining because of my solar panels. This one that just borked only got 20-30 notifications a day and was working fine until last night. Now no recordings, can't get a live view, and the battery just drains. It will re-pair to the base station after a reset, but no live view, no recordings, and the battery just drains...

The hardware just craps out. The two that I haven't had a problem with get maybe 10 notifications a day.

Regardless, for a company that offers 24/7 continuous recording, they shouldn't break from active use.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.

Arlouser3292021
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't bother. It was past warranty and I already tried every reset procedure from the FAQ and the last time I was walked though support, which ended with me having to send my other camera in.

It will sometimes randomly trigger to capture a recording or turn the spot on (if it has charge at night) but this camera is borked. Even if it's on AC power, you'll never be able to bring up the live feed. If it's charged on AC, then disabled, it will still drain any battery in it within several hours.

Resetting the camera and base station does nothing.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation