Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 wont livestream 2k

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just received my Arlo Pro 3 cameras and Smarthub with the free 3 month subscription. When I view live on the Pro 3 cameras, it doesn't have a 2k icon. I am streaming locally on the same network as the SmartHub, have tracking off and "Local 2k live streaming" on. My hub is more than 6 feet from my router.

When it detects motion, it saves the video in 2k with the 2k icon. But that's the only time it's in 2k. How can I fix this?

Attached is the settings I have for my camera
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App. Please make sure you have the latest version (3.5.2) downloaded and installed from the app store.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cassera,

Is there anything out of the ordinary with your network? Is your mobile device connected to a satellite on a mesh network or an extender?

JamesC

Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing out of the ordinary. No mesh routers. I have high speed internet in a relatively small apartment.

Note: I am on the 3 month free trial subscription that came with the Arlo Pro 3 cameras. No sure if that has anything to do with it

When I stream live, I don't see the 2k icon and I am able to manually record while live streaming. (I read somewhere that while streaming in 2k you won't have the manual record option)

Tracking is off, HDR and Local 2K Streaming are both on.

Am I supposed to see a 2k icon when live streaming in 2k?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the same thing. I tried different settings in the camera video settings with no help. Raise the issue by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I usually use my windows Tablet to live stream but did notice today IOS App the 2K Icon missing also. I can't tell if it is not in 2K or just that the 2K icon is missing. As OP said the recordings are 2K. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the development team. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I look forward to it!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App. Please make sure you have the latest version (3.5.2) downloaded and installed from the app store.

Thank you,

JamesC

Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant
No way!!!! It actually works now. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

That's some good customer service. Changing my 4 star review to 5
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation