Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 with a Arlo solar panel - issues with H9 camera model

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jmitchel_UK
Follower
Follower

Background - I have x3 Arlo Pro cameras all working well.  I originally purchased the pack of 2 + VMB4540 base station a few years ago then purchased an add-on single Arlo Pro 3 camera a few months ago.  All working fine without issues.  The original 2 are model H10 cameras, the newest one is a H9 model.

Decided to purchase 2 official Arlo solar panels as I was often changing the batteries on 2 of my cameras.  Connected to one without any issues but really struggled with one of the others as it wouldn't show the solar panel icon in the app and hence would not charge.

I even sent the solar panel back thinking it was faulty.  Had the exact same issues with the replacement solar panel.  

When installing the replacement today I then had a brain wave and checked which camera models each camera was.  Turns out the camera I was having issues with was the add-on H9 model.  On swapping the cameras round so both the H10's were connected to the solar panel and the H9 was the camera not using the solar panel, everything worked.

Seems that the H9 model of the Arlo Pro 3 range has issues connecting to Arlo's own solar panels.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation