Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 setting video duration

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
64Scott
Guide
Guide

VMB4540r2 Arlo Pro3 with 2 cameras.  Used the application to set a rule that if motion was detected to record video for a fixed length of time of 120 seconds.  However when motion was detected the video only records until activity stops, i.e. the change to the rule is being ignored even though I clicked "Save" on the recording settings page and then clicked "Save" again on the Rule Summary page and then went back and verified the settings were correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
64Scott
Guide
Guide

Well using a web browser instead of the app seemed to work.  Disappointing that the app doesn't work all the time - surely this is something Arlo should fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The apps sometimes have issues in the Mode tab - try a browser to see if that helps.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

64Scott,

Do you still experience the same issue when adjusting the rule using the web client as jguerdat suggests above? You might also try rebooting your SmartHub and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Thanks I will try using a web browser and see if that works.  I'll let you know what happens.

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Well using a web browser instead of the app seemed to work.  Disappointing that the app doesn't work all the time - surely this is something Arlo should fix.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation