Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Caty-did
Star
Star

So, I've installed a four camera, Pro 3 system for a friend. He has a Moto phone, I have a Pixel. Everything set up, cameras were updated, checked base station and it has the latest firmware. The system seemed to be working well. We tested it, edited smart notifications, added a shared user (me), and all is good. 

For about 12 hours. Sometime in the night, push notifications STOPPED working on the Moto phone. The Pixel continued to get push notifications. Worked through it the next morning and had to correct the notification settings on the Moto. Somehow, they had been turned to Silent. In the night. No one playing with the phone. I assumed it was a fluke. 

Until yesterday - AGAIN. Sometime in the night, push notifications STOPPED working on the Moto phone. Pixel is fine and receiving push notifications. Again corrected the notification settings (Arlo>Settings>Notifications>Go To Settings> Notifications> Change "show silently" to "make sounds". 

Everything has the latest updates, Arlo and Moto phone. The app is the latest version on the Moto. 

What is going on here? Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a specific phone issue but try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Caty-did
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestions! 

I have rebooted the phone, but have not tried to uninstall, and re-install the app. I'll do that. 

It's a daily recurrence.... Now that we know what it is, we can easily fix it by updating the settings (Arlo>Settings>Notifications>Go To Settings> Notifications> Change "show silently" to "make sounds"), but, it's a PIA! 

The phone is a few years old, and is updated to Android 9. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation