Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 on WiFi - Base Station Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All.....Have a bit of a mixed environment installed.....2 Arlo Ulta's that connect to my base station and 2 Pro 3's and a Doorbell on WiFi as they are 1000 feet away on my Ubiquiti Mesh system covering the 3 acre property......

All was as expected during the 3 month trial recording to the cloud and then I swapped to recording to a 512GB SD card in the base-station and all seemed OK.

However on inspection I'm getting recordings on the Ultra's but  not on the Wifi cameras and door bell.....I do though get live view on the WiFi connected devices and see the last known activity on the device in the "Devices" page of the app on my phone.

Any ideas please on how to capture all recordings to the SD card.

Thanks in advance.

RH, Southern Vancouver Island

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RichardH-BC wrote:

and 2 Pro 3's and a Doorbell on WiFi

Pro 3 Floodlights?  They are the only Pro 3 model that can connect to WiFi - so if they are the normal spotlight cameras, you must have a different model (Pro 4 or Essential).

@RichardH-BC wrote:

However on inspection I'm getting recordings on the Ultra's but  not on the Wifi cameras and door bell.....I do though get live view on the WiFi connected devices and see the last known activity on the device in the "Devices" page of the app on my phone.

Any ideas please on how to capture all recordings to the SD card.

Unfortunately you can't.  The WiFi cameras communicate directly to the Arlo cloud, they never connect to your base.

RichardH-BC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry yes.....Pro 3 Cameras with the light that comes on at night.

They were the only ones Arlo phone support said would work, to connect to wifi and be part of my set up.  As mentioned it worked perfectly during the trial, recording to the cloud.

Now I get recordings from the Ultra cameras at the house but the 3's and door bell in the gate area do not record to the SD card in the unit.  Sure I can pay the $13.99 canadian a month for cloud but Arlo's literature would have you believe it can work stand alone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RichardH-BC wrote:

but Arlo's literature would have you believe it can work stand alone.

It might be useful if you could identify the specific information that led you to that conclusion.  

@JamesC: One thing I am seeing is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it The article assumes that your cameras are all paired to the smarthub, and it would be better if that was explicitly stated. 

IMO, it would also be good to put all the limitations in that article (adding no access from friend accounts, no manual recordings, no thumbnails). 

Also, local 4K recordings either need a 4K subscription or no subscription - several users have been tripped up on that (expecting 4K recordings with the Secure subscription).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation