Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 can I shut off the sound on my phone?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ngvet
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo App on my phone can I shut off the sound so the many notifications dont drive me crazy?

I dont like disarm it so I dont have to listen the notces.   Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ngvet wrote:

I have the Arlo App on my phone can I shut off the sound so the many notifications dont drive me crazy?

With iOS, you can go into the general iPhone/iPad settings, and scroll down to the Arlo app.  Select notifications, and you'll see an option to turn off notification sounds.

You should be able to do something similar with Android.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@StephenB 

I have found on iOS that doing your suggestion also stops the geofencing location notifications although they are still saying enabled.

An alternative might be to setup a custom mode similar to the armed mode with notifications disabled in the camera rules.

At least you will still get the geofencing and battery warning notifications.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

An alternative might be to setup a custom mode similar to the armed mode with notifications disabled in the camera rules.

That works if @Ngvet doesn't want to see the motion notifications at all.  But not if he simply wants the sound turned off.

Another alternative is to switch to email notifications in the modes, and turn off email sound.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Perhaps better yet, reposition the camera to view only the needed area (eliminate the street, sidewalks, etc.) and/or turn the motion sensitivity down in modes and rules.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation