Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ajalbarano
Aspirant
Aspirant

This cameras spot light does not work the way it should! When trying to use customer support, I quickly realized they are a joke and don’t back their product! Take my advice and go with another company. I am currently looking to replace all 7 cameras, 2 spot lights and pro hub. It’s a-shame how Arlo has treated me and that alone is enough reason to cut my loses and go with a company that has good customer support and products that work like they should!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ajalbarano,

What behavior are you experiencing that isn't working as expected? If you provide the details, we may be able to assist here on the community.

JamesC

ajalbarano
Aspirant
Aspirant
The spot light brightness can only be adjusted on pulsate mode. The constant and flash modes, even when showing I lower the %, do not lower. The actual brightness stays at full strength no matter what, even with app and computer manipulation. I’ve been through over 90 min of troubleshooting with 3 different agents and am now going rounds with another multiple agents on support. Because I never get the same person and because they never read the transcripts before replying to me, I go in circles. They also refuse to have a supervisor call me. I’ve even had a replacement camera ,that they made me pay 16 bucks for, do the same thing. We’ve changed things through 2 computers and the app.... same issue. We’ve totally removed the camera from my system 3 times, same issue. We’ve rebooted hub, same issue. We’ve gone though the flashlight icon on live stream and that works! And it adjusts the percentage it’s suppose to be at with movement, but goes back to full brightness. I’ve sent screen shots and videos. I’ve had it. No offense to you, I’ve not dealt with you. But some of the people I’ve dealt with treat me like a moron and don’t listen to everything precious agents put me through. Customer support is a joke! When I update a case, it says it’s going to last known agent dealing with my case. But then a new person replies, most only reading the last message and not the whole transcript of the case. I’ve had patience for over a week and through hours of conversations. My patience is over.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ajalbarano,

I was able to reproduce this issue as you've described. I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation.

I will reach out to you in a private message with more details.

JamesC

DRKHRSE
Aspirant
Aspirant
James C.

Can you provide specific detail in the spotlight.

It's not in the manual.

My spotlight settings do nothing.

I suspect the spotlight icon being off "x" overrides it coming on for recording

The reason I didn't waste further time is I'm just trying to find any interface in smartthings that will tell me if the camera is recording.

Ultra 2 cameras require smart to function. But there is zero documentation on the interaction between sensitivity and recording.

I want to do something that I did with ring.

If someone enters the yard I want to a light on so they know they are being recorded. I want to do thus when they are far-away so I don't want to turn the sensitivity down.

If I turn the sensitivity down then I may get no recording at all.

So if I have to pay for smart why can't you provide a recording signal in smartthings?

You never fixed this so I'm stuck trying to "pulsate" a light at 1 % to see it that triggers the alarm strobe automation setting.

I need a recording signal in smartthings so I can leave sensitivity high inside of the activity zones. I need a signal that works off of smart notifications.

This keeps the camera location hidden.

I'm mounting the remaining cameras high up so knowing how spotlight work would be helpful for that.

While I'm at it you haven't integrated multi camera recording either.

The second camera has smart but a motion sense trigger from another camera will trigger it which does not mirror the smart notification settings.

I posted this here since you said you'll make sure action is taken
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation