Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dm61509
Tutor
Tutor

The wire free camera's battery life is advertised to be 6 months, with the disclaimer that it will vary based on use. Frequent events, 2K recordings, live streaming will obviously drain the life. The first day of use, the battery in our back yard camera lasted less than a day. I charged it for a few hours before going to sleep, so it would record overnight. 12 hours later the camera was dead. 2K recording was turned off. There was one event recorded so it wasn't like the camera was in frequent use draining the battery. This is not isolated. The camera placed at the front door is exactly the same. There will be no activity and no events being recorded, but the battery lasts only a day. I'm unsure how such blatant false advertising is even possible. I've gotten more accuracy buying things on Wish. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe there's an issue with your environment? Things like house construction, things on or in the walls between the hub and cameras, wireless devices causing interference, etc. all get in there. What happens if you bring a camera near the hub? WHat is the house construction? How many total minutes of recording and live view per day are being used? All details are useful.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Also keep in mind that no matter how you have the smart notifications and everything else set that the cameras are constantly sending any type of movement to the cloud to be analyzed so whether or not something is being recorded the camera is functioning thus using power.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation