Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Purchased Arlo Pro 3 set of three cameras ten days back.followed all the instructions and set up all three camera.thought of charging batteries to full before screwing cameras in desired locations but none of the camera battery was charging even after plugging for 7-8 hours each of the camera and for 3 days.meanwhile contacted customer care who created a case but not able to give any resolution .after wait period of 20 minutes customer care listened to issue in detail and further transferred to technical support where after wait of 40 minutes my phone got disconnected.later received email frm Arlo for updating the case , though not clear what kind of update they wanted from me still i explained and updated the issue again in the app case history and as i was frustrated i mentioned i will return the product as cznt afford 60 minutes phone calls that are of no use.they closed the case without any solution and didnt even tried reaching me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
UPDATE-Our issue of batteries not charging got resloved.thanks to the community users here that tried helping us .realized simetimes the community users are more helpful as compare to customer care. I agree customer care have to go thru the formal process of verifying the owner and setting up case but after the case is created there should be direct response or solution on email or within app messenger.In our case we had very neglible response from customer care but still we are keeping the camera looking at the positive feedback from other users.

So one of our frens who have the Arlo camera came to help set up and findd the issue. Turned out that while charging we were not pushing the camera tight enough in its encasement and just connecting it with supplied cable and putting it to charge like we do for cell phones and thats the reason charging was never initiated. Though while putting the camera on wall we always pushed it enough to hear that click to make sure it dont fall out of encasement. So finally the issue resolved and happy to keep the cameras.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rajnew,

How are you determining that the cameras are not charging? Within the mobile app under settings for each camera, what does the battery life show?

JamesC

Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Hi James, first of all thanks for responding. yes for each if the camera we are looking in the settings menu within app and there is no progress on battery indicator. Infact battery indicator dropped on each of the camera from the initial battery status that came precharged. We already returned the first set back to Costco and got the second set to give second chance assuming that particular set may be defected. Yesterday we set up the second set and its again having the same issue.so this time we didnt open all three cameras, we just added one camera and base into app .so our this camera showed initial battery status of 54% that came precharged from manufacturer but after setting it up and putting to charge the battery indicator dropped to 52% and even after whole night of charging for 8 hours the battery indicator is at 52% .finally we will be returning this set too and go for other brand. We got recommendations from two friends for Arlo cameras who have been using from last 5 years but they have the very old models that work with general batteries so they never had this battery charging issue. Other rhen battery not charging their is no other issues as cameras are recording perfectly and all other features of app and cameras are working good.
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
I really appreciate your quick response, just realized you are community manager here.we didnt got this type of support and response from Arlo customer and technical support.Infact as i mentioned in my initial post even after showing my frustration in the case update, they didn't bothered to send any communication and closed the case. Looking at this response from Arlo i was compelled to give very poor feedback in the response of the two survey emails i received from Arlo after closure of my case.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rajnew,

It would be very unlikely for multiple cameras/charging cables to be defective between two completely different kits. Are you using the charging cable the was included with your Arlo kit or a different charging cable? Have you tried using a different outlet to charge the camera?

JamesC

Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Hi James, yes we are using the charging wire and plug thats provided with the set and tried using various power plugs in our house even we thought earlier that the issue might be with one set and thats the reason gave second chance and bought another set too from Arlo. We tried searching all the forum topics and user guide online to make sure we are following the set up process correctly.everything else is working fine apart from charging issue .if there is provision of sending message to you i can share screen shot of battery indicator and the picture of the charging wire that came with camera set. We still have second set and trying to find what can be the problem.will try luck again with customer care if we are able to get through with the waiting times.
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Hi James, even we think we are doing something wrong or missing out something because after exploring so many of forums or reviews i didnt see anybody else having this issue. As the cameras came without any user guide so We just downloaded the whole manualuser and will follow set up process step by step and hope it works .we dropped the idea of returning the second set as our friends are extremely satisfied with their Arlo cameras though they have very initial models.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try carefully cleaning the contacts on both the camera and magnetic connector on the cable. Ensure it's fully connected to the camera by wiggling the connector once in place.

Jsam123
Initiate
Initiate
Can’t charge batteries-VERY BAD PRODUCT!!
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
UPDATE-Our issue of batteries not charging got resloved.thanks to the community users here that tried helping us .realized simetimes the community users are more helpful as compare to customer care. I agree customer care have to go thru the formal process of verifying the owner and setting up case but after the case is created there should be direct response or solution on email or within app messenger.In our case we had very neglible response from customer care but still we are keeping the camera looking at the positive feedback from other users.

So one of our frens who have the Arlo camera came to help set up and findd the issue. Turned out that while charging we were not pushing the camera tight enough in its encasement and just connecting it with supplied cable and putting it to charge like we do for cell phones and thats the reason charging was never initiated. Though while putting the camera on wall we always pushed it enough to hear that click to make sure it dont fall out of encasement. So finally the issue resolved and happy to keep the cameras.
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Thanks for trying to help us out , issue got resolved and i updated my original post with solution
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Thanks for suggestion our issue got resolved
Rajnew
Guide
Guide
Our issue got resolved look at our resolution if you are having similar issue of batteries not charging. We were not pushing the cameras enough into encasement. Product is good but i agree customer care not very active and responsive.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation