Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RobJM
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

On Bank Holiday Monday I installed a two camera Pro 3 and Smarthub system. The system was working well picking up my dog going out for his evening constitutional, with cameras recording to my library and my trial subscription activated.

On Tuesday morning the cameras had gone offline and the hub LED was slow flashing amber. I found a number of threads and subsequently reserved an IP address, activated the hub in DMZ and opened ports 80, 123 and 442. Still a no go. 

I then reset the hub and uninstalled the app to refresh everything. The hub connected to my account showing a solid blue LED. I then tried multiple times to add the cameras using alternative methods - syncing from the hub, from the cameras, from the app - but with no luck. Also my account now doesn't show that I have the trial subscription.

I have tried raising a case (twice) but I haven't had a confirmation e-mail so not sure if it was submitted.

Cheers,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must have a camera connected to see the trial subscription. The hub doesn't trigger that.

Try the reset procedure found in the support FAQs here. Press the camera Sync button for at least 15 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. Try onboarding again. You may also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices to start completely fresh.

RobJM
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have just given that a try but unfortunately it has not worked. Any other ideas?

Rob

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

RobJM
Tutor
Tutor

I had issues raising a case, possibly because I was going through a company VPN and firewall. 

I now have a case raised and a new hub has been despatched. Hopefully that will resolve my connection issues.

Rob

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation