Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 activity zones work like crap

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DBingham76537
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub, and couldn't be more disappointed.  Changed my mode to custom for activity zones, and they work like crap.  I can walk up to a door on my back patio, right in the middle of the camera's view and in the activity zone, and it won't pick me up (and I'm 6'7").  If the wind blows and BARELY moves the cover to my bbq grill, which is out of the zone, it picks it up everytime.  I should have read the reviews here, and not on other sites before buying 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DBingham76537,

The development team is currently investigating reports of inaccurate motion detection behavior with activity zones. We will provide an update when we have more information on this issue.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DBingham76537 wrote:

I can walk up to a door on my back patio, right in the middle of the camera's view 

I just want to add that the camera's PIR (motion) sensors are set up to detect entry into the field of view from the side.  So the motion detection itself might not be triggering (depending on the camera angle).

If the motion detection isn't triggering, then of course the activity zone doesn't matter.  So you might want to try the motion detection test, and make sure that the camera is triggering. https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Alternatively, disable the activity zone and see if the system does reliably trigger when you take the same path to the door.

DBingham76537
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing helps

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation