Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 VMB4540 Unable to view USB videos

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 3 - Firmware 1.16.1.3_495_1a608c1 Android Samsung Galaxy S9 My cameras are only 1 month old & was instructed to remove 5 cameras from the free subscription and now can't get back on. Trying to view videos on USB flash drive but no recent videos recorded for the last few weeks even though I get notifications constantly. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for that information.  I wasn't able to find it in the user manual.  It works...thank you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aspirant
Aspirant

The instructions were simple so I don't know what I might be doing wrong.  What good is the system if I can't view videos?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly what procedure are you using to try to view the videos? Be explicit. You can also safely eject the drive and view on a computer - is there anything there?

Aspirant
Aspirant

I was getting ready to give you a detailed process of my trying to view the videos. Much to my surprise after trying for the last few days and getting nothing, today I plugged in the USB drive and there were the videos. Not easy to see the timing on each video but they can be seen.   I am looking at the videos on my computer. Would you please tell me know how I can view these on my phone? Now that I don't have the free subscription I didn't know I could view them on my phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app, go to the library and click on the button near the top that likely says Cloud. Choose your local storage instead. The display won't show thumbnails until viewed butotherwise is the same as for cloud recordings.

Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for that information.  I wasn't able to find it in the user manual.  It works...thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation