Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
vthompson88
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the Arlo Pro 3 system (3 wireless cameras and one wired doorbell camera) and VMB4540R2 base station that stopped recording to my library. I do not have a subscription; setup to record locally. Was recording up to 12/22/23 and hasn't recorded to my base station since. We were out of town 12/22 - 12/31 and I know I can't check recordings from outside of our network, but they always showed up when we return from out of town. Tried resetting everything (Arlo & network), but still no luck. Arlo will not help without a subscription. When I removed the USB drive and connected it to my laptop, I can see there is video. Ugh. Ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is it possible that the recordings are older than 30days?

The direct storage access feature does not extend past the arlo cloud storage limits so you would need to remove the storage device and view recordings from the pc.

vthompson88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. No, the recordings are not older than 30 days. I cannot view daily recordings on the base station from my phone at all. 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vthompson88 wrote:

I cannot view daily recordings on the base station from my phone at all. 😞

Are you getting an error?  Or just seeing no recordings?

vthompson88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen. I get the message "Videos stored on (our) Base Station are not available. Please check your connection settings." I've seen this message before and usually when I restart everything, videos start showing up. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess you could remove the cameras+base from your account, do the hardware resets, and then add them back.

But there are no guarantees that will work, and it is a pain.

GYK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I been having the same issue since Oct 2023 on two of my three cameras.  I have reset the cameras a number of times, latest issue is insufficient  bandwidth, which never happened before; I've had the system operating for a couple of years.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation