Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Notification volume is too low

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Trying again to see is someone from Arlo will answer.  The notifications are basically USELESS!  No way would I consider a subscription.  The volume is way to low when a notification is received.  Not even a vibration.   If not looking at the phone, no idea something is going on, like if just having a conversation in the coffee shop.  HHow can I interact with someone on my property if I do not find out they are there till way later.  Gee, bad guy, feel free to break in, steal all you want, and maybe later the police may find you, nope, probably not.  OK, being sarcastic, love the cameras, but need to know real time.  Have a friend, single mom, needs something to wake her if someone is prowling around.  Anyone have a solution or answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notification volume is a function of the ringtone used and the phone's volume settings. Also, check the phone settings for the app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notification volume is a function of the ringtone used and the phone's volume settings. Also, check the phone settings for the app.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, yes, I have looked at that but after some googleing and research and playing last night I found a solution.  By setting notification to email as well as push for the device I could then set the Email address to (myphonenumber)@txt.att.net   Basically it will send the email as a text to my phone and I get my text notification that is much louder and useable.  One thing, a minor tip found when just testing the email to txt, I had to log into my att account and out again, seems it resets some things and the email to text worked.  Tested with cameras this morning.  I am a happy camper.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation