Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Natnat69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there. I want to turn off recording for animals as my dog always sets the camera off. I have turned off smart notifications thinking it would turn off the recording to but it hasn’t.. can anyone please help me?

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

Smart notification will just not give you a notification for that selection that is off. But it will still give a recording for all. It will be labeled as such in the recording. 

Natnat69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t want it to record. I’ve turned the smart notifications off. Is there any way to stop it recording as well?
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can go and to mode<rules for individual cameras and turn recording off for that camera but that will stop all recording for that camera if that is what you want.  As for individual smart selections you can not stop recordings just notifications. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

izac
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue.  Arlo Pro 3 has the "smart" feature of identifying animals, but what's the point if we can't decide what to have recorded? i.e. I want the ability to record only humans not animals.  The so-called "animal detection" is flawed - some recordings are of birds, and the rest are tree-branch shadows when the wind is blowing.  As a result, the battery dies in less than 3 weeks!  The interior cameras' batteries last almost 3 months.

Any tips or enhancements to the software would greatly be appreciated.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@izac wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue.  Arlo Pro 3 has the "smart" feature of identifying animals, but what's the point if we can't decide what to have recorded? i.e. I want the ability to record only humans not animals. 

You can turn off animals in your smart notification settings for those cameras if you have not. It is in settings then Smart Notifications and then select the camera to select the notifications you want want off. 

izac
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation