Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro 3-How to stand up and keep plugged in?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and have them both set up and ready to use.  One on a mantel and one in the garage.  Both will stayed plugged in so I do not have to worry about charging them.  I could stand the one up on the mantel if I do the recharge method but I cannot plug it in and let it stand up.  I know it will be the same in the garage as I want it to just sit on a shelf.  I can find nothing  on Amazon that may work as the heavy battery is the issue.  I could leave the battery out I presume if I'm leaving it plugged in or does the battery need to stay in?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EODK9Trainer wrote:

or does the battery need to stay in?

The battery can be removed if it is AC powered.  Though of course the camera would restart if there were any power glitches.

@EODK9Trainer wrote:

but I cannot plug it in and let it stand up. 

Yes - it is of course intended to be mounted.  You might be able to improvise something to put underneath.  But it won't stay upright with the adapter cable connected.

Another thing you can do is put the magnetic mount face up on the mantel (or shelf), and put the camera on top of it (oriented upside down).  There is an option to rotate the image 180 degrees in the camera settings.  Motion detection will be affected - normally the motion detection is more sensitive at the bottom of the field of view, but inverting the camera will reverse that.  So make sure you test that if you do this.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation