Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ironmanx
Follower
Follower

I am thinking of purchasing an integrated Arlp Pro 3 Floodlight with camera and have a couple of questions if someone could help me:

1.  How long does a rechargeable battery last.

2.  Is it worth buying the solar recharger.

3.  is the footage from the camera saved somewhere?  If it is how far back can I retrieve footage from the camera (if I do not pay the Monthly Service Fee)?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ironmanx wrote:

1.  How long does a rechargeable battery last.

That depends on a lot of factors - the amount of motion in the area, temperature, quality of the wifi connection.

Mine lasts about 10-12 weeks.

@Ironmanx wrote:

2.  Is it worth buying the solar recharger.

If there's an area near the camera that gets enough sun, then it can certainly extend the battery life.  Note that the camera won't charge when the temperature is below 32 F

You can always add the charger later.

@Ironmanx wrote:

3.  is the footage from the camera saved somewhere?  If it is how far back can I retrieve footage from the camera (if I do not pay the Monthly Service Fee)?

The alternative to getting a subscription is to use direct access to local storage.  This requires using a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 smarthub.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

There are several limitations

• recordings can only be viewed in the app (not the browser on a PC)
  • recordings can only be viewed from the primary account (not "friend" accounts)
  • manual recordings can not be saved
  • no thumbnails
  • remote access either requires setting up a VPN or port forwarding in your router (which many find difficult).
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation