Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is my second post, the 1st one disappeared for some reason.

I have been working on a issue with support and they asked me to delete my cameras that's giving problems and then reset the hub, remove battery from camera and then reinstall them. Things went great with one of my cameras but the other will not sync to the base station no matter what I try. I have contacted support again but am waiting on a response from them. Here is what I sent them;

After following the above steps one of the two cameras now works as it should. When trying to reinstall the 2nd camera it just will not sync no matter what I do. I have restarted the hub and removed the battery from the camera several times trying to get it to sync to no avail. When I try to sync both the light on the hub and the light on the camera will slowly flash blue for a few seconds then they both start to rapidly blinking blue. The hub then changes to a solid blue and after that the camera will quit blinking blue. I then get a message telling me that the sync failed and to try again. I have done this dozens of times, I have closed the app and restarted it several times. I charged the battery for a couple of hours then tried again. Nothing works. I have tried this on both the app and the web client.

Anyone here have any suggestions? I have also tried after restarting everything pressing the sync button on the base then pressing the button on the camera. I get the same results. Slow flashing blue light on both the hub and camera. They both then start to rapidly blink, the base turns solid blue then after a couple of seconds the camera stops blinking but still nothing.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that you see the fast blue blink means the camera is synced. It may just be a display issue so try force closing the app, clear the app's cache and reopen it. Also try the web client to see if there's a difference.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@jguerdat 

I have tried the web client and force closed the app. No difference what so ever. I knew the fast blinking light meant it was synced but it does not show up anywhere, app or web client.

wfischer55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep trying... support drags their feet until the warranty runs out and then you have nothing. Mine stopped working 3 months after I bought the 3 camera, 3 light set. Big investment for only 3 months of service. Now they keep saying please update your request or the account will be closed as solved but it is now over one year since purchase so they are closing my complaint as resolved.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

Do you have any suggestion while I'm waiting on support?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

Have you tried syncing using the web client? Do you experience the same results?

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

As stated in my 1st post and post #3 I have tried both the web client and the app. I have also force closed the app and tried. Both the hub and camera blinks rapidly indicating a sync but then I get the message sync failed try again.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

Well the saga continues, being I cant get anything from Arlo I thought I'd try something else. I deleted all of my cameras and force stopped the app then reset the hub with a paper clip and thought I'd try that. Now I have 2 out of three cameras that will not sync to the hub. It just so happens that it's the two cameras that I was having trouble with in the 1st place. The third one connects with no problem. Yes I've tried it on both the app and the web client.

JamesC these are the two cameras I have pm'd you about before opening a support case.  Support Case #41869349

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

I've escalated your open support ticket and requested a status update. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information soon.

JamesC

CSS99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you been able to resolve this issue?  I am having the exact same problem not being able to connect an Arlo Pro 3 camera with my HUB (VMB5000) with the exact same symptoms, flashing blue lights, slow then fast on both the hub and camera and then failure to connect.  I also tried numerous times on both the Android app and the web.  Same results.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@CSS99 

Finally late yesterday afternoon I stumbled across something that took care of the connecting issue. I got very aggravated and deleted my other two cameras then I was stuck with none of them connecting. I then thought I've got nothing to lose so I deleted the hub also. I then started trying again to get the cameras to connect but nothing. I then deleted the hub again, I removed batteries from all cameras. I took a paper clip and reset the hub to factory specs (3rd time doing this) as before but this time when it came time to name my hub I chose a different name than before ( I was thinking maybe a memory issue somewhere giving me the false connection flashes.) This time I was able to get all the cameras to connect and other than my original issue they are working again (Almost as good as before). I did notice that one of the 3 cameras quit working about 10pm last night. I even went outside to verify this and there was no recording at all. It remained off all night (even though it showed connected) and at 12:30 this afternoon it started working again. Whether this was a cloud, software, hub or camera issue I'm not sure. Try all this and good luck. Don't be afraid to try other things as like it is now it's not doing you any good and support is very, very, very slow to respond then they will want you to start all over again. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation