Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stuyacht
Tutor
Tutor

Hello -  

I recently bought a 2 camera Arlo Pro 3 system. One of my cameras appears to die every few days. It was fully recharged on 12.21.19 and is already down to 40%. I have 2 bars of connection, and when I do the camera positioning it says the video bandwidth is strong or good. I have 2 activity zones on the camera and am averaging about 8-10 motion notifications a day. It has not been super cold (between 20 F and 40 F). 

Is this the battery life I should expect? Or do I have a defective model? The other camera has lasted much longer being at 61% and losing about 3% a day (still seems high and not close to 3-6 months). 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stuyacht,

Correct. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I set up the Arlo Smart Cloud Activity Zones?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stuyacht,

How much activity is the camera seeing? Keep in mind activity zones will reduce the amount of recordings that result from motion detection in your library, but the camera is still detecting motion to determine whether or not it is occurring within those zones. If the camera is detecting constant activity, even if it's outside the activity zones, this could be why the battery is draining quickly.

JamesC

Stuyacht
Tutor
Tutor
So even with activity zones set up, if a street is visible where cars constantly go by, it will continuously detect motion but just not notify me?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stuyacht,

Correct. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I set up the Arlo Smart Cloud Activity Zones?

JamesC

Stuyacht
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting. Guess it’s pretty useless to have a wire free Arlo Cam if you don’t have a place to put it that can’t see a street.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stuyacht wrote:
Interesting. Guess it’s pretty useless to have a wire free Arlo Cam if you don’t have a place to put it that can’t see a street.

Angling the camera downwards can help.

Stuyacht
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t really have a set up that that works with. However, I did turn down the motion settings a decent amount and it seems to be helping.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation