Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 "Switch off from mains and activity zones off" ?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Make
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed two cameras and base station four months ago and have now Premier Plan. I used to switch cams on and off via Android mobile phone and that worked well, until...  Recently I logged in into system also via my laptop Win10 and then out, but after that I can't get anymore cams swithed on via mobile phone, which just shows "Switch off from mains and activity zones off". However, I get cams swithed on when I log in via laptop !  How can I get cams back on via mobile phone ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Make
Aspirant
Aspirant

attn: JamesC

Hello;

I resyncronized cam1 and also noticed, that this cam1 had dropped out from Smart Plan (my mistake ?) so dragged it back. Thereafter both cams accepted reactivation of Activity Zones and also alarms to Android mobile are now working fast and nomore notifications pop up as well as both local and cloud recordings are working. Still I don't know why my cam system got mixed up ?  Hopefully it is stabilized now, cause during travelling I'm not able to do this kind of resyncronizing locally.

Thanks for help !

Markku

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried to remove and reinstall the app for starters since it works on web page. It fixes a lot of quirks. 

Make
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello;
Tnx for the tip. I removed the app and then reloaded. However, the issue was not solved and there are still same announcements in the app. Uh...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Make,

Try removing any activity zones you may have. Does that resolve the issue?

JamesC

Make
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello;

Thanks for advise, I followed it. I used my laptop to logg in and to remove Activity Zones:
Cam1 accepted remove.
Cam2 Zone removed, but announced "In order to be able to activate Activity Zones, connect the cam to mains" ?? What, this uses battery.
Both Cams allow "Set a new Zone" on a green bar, but at this phase I didn't do it.

Next I switched off both cams and I logged out from the web app.

Then I opened Android mobile app:
Both cams switched on ok and the previous notices about mains connection and Activity Zones do not appear anymore.
I tested cams by walking around them:
Cam1 does not send any alarm to my mobile, but it records to cloud and to local storage. How to solve this missing alarm issue ?
Cam2 sends alarm to mobile immediately and records both to cloud and locally.
So far I didn't try to set new Activity Zones until the missing alarm function on Cam1 and Cam2 notice on web app are both solved.

Looking forward for more instructions.

Tnx,
Markku

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Make,

Consider removing the camera from settings and resyncing it. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Make
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC;

Ok, I'll do it in the morning (it's 10:30pm here). About resyncing, do I have to move cams nearby Base Station to resync ?

tnx, Markku

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Make,

While it may not be required depending on your environment, yes, you may have an easier time syncing the camera if it is closer to your base station.

JamesC

Make
Aspirant
Aspirant

attn: JamesC

Hello;

I resyncronized cam1 and also noticed, that this cam1 had dropped out from Smart Plan (my mistake ?) so dragged it back. Thereafter both cams accepted reactivation of Activity Zones and also alarms to Android mobile are now working fast and nomore notifications pop up as well as both local and cloud recordings are working. Still I don't know why my cam system got mixed up ?  Hopefully it is stabilized now, cause during travelling I'm not able to do this kind of resyncronizing locally.

Thanks for help !

Markku

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation