Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Qtado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I know this was a topic last year but I can't find the solution.

My setup is Pro 5s x 4 and Arlo 3 floodlight x 2, 1 on charge with outdoor cable 1 not on charge. Still on Trial subscription and Mode has been checked.  This is only for the Floodlight that IS on charge.

Mode is when in Standby and dark and motion detected trigger light on.

Arm mode has it to trigger recording and light if dark.

In Arm Away mode it seems to work fine, but when it's in standby and mode active it won't trigger the light when dark, I've noticed the IR LEDs are on when dark and when I see that the light won't trigger. 

So if I switch off the night vision the light triggers no problem. 

If I disconnect the charge cable the light triggers no problem.

The floodlight that is not on charge has no problem in any mode.

So am I to assume that this light when on CHARGE you have to switch night vision off for the light to trigger?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Qtado wrote:

My setup is Pro 5s x 4 and Arlo 3 floodlight x 2, 1 on charge with outdoor cable 1 not on charge. Still on Trial subscription and Mode has been checked.  This is only for the Floodlight that IS on charge.

Mode is when in Standby and dark and motion detected trigger light on.

Arm mode has it to trigger recording and light if dark.

In Arm Away mode it seems to work fine, but when it's in standby and mode active it won't trigger the light when dark, I've noticed the IR LEDs are on when dark and when I see that the light won't trigger. 

So if I switch off the night vision the light triggers no problem. 

If I disconnect the charge cable the light triggers no problem.

So am I to assume that this light when on CHARGE you have to switch night vision off for the light to trigger?

It works properly in Arm Away, so it sounds more complicated than that (could easily be a bug).

I suggest editing the Armed Home and Standby mode to record for the camera that is connected to the charger, and see if that works.  You'll get more recordings when you want, but since the camera is powered, it won't affect battery life.

Qtado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stepen,

Sorry I've been away, I appreciate your answer but triggering recordings all the time doesn't seem like a good solution.

All I want is at night the light to be just a light to help when I go outside.  If the only way for that to work is to switch night vision off, that's all the confirmation I need, or it gives the engineers something to fix.

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation