Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow geofencing to control notifications, not just disarming/arming

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bpitts
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that there is an ability to disarm/arm a base station with a geofence mode, and that you can setup a custom mode per camera to disable/enable notifications.... but what I would really love to do is to setup a geofence to toggle notifications on or off. I want my cameras to stay armed and to still detect motion, I just dont want to be notified of the motion while I am home. Currently there is no way to automate this that I've been able to find and that seems like an oversight. 

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi bpitts,

You can do this by using custom modes. Make sure to create a custom mode that detects motion and/or audio and turn off the push/email notifications and set that custom mode to "Home" mode.

To learn more about custom modes, feel free to read here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

bpitts
Aspirant
Aspirant

But you have to manually toggle those modes on and off, I want them to be automated by a geofence. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can choose which mode (including custom modes) you want it to be when you're home/away as you can see from the screenshot below.

photo geofencing.jpg

bpitts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ohhh This is helpful! I was on tech chat support for about 35 minutes and was told there was no way to do what I wanted to do and I should post here. I will try this out, thank you

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation