All Cameras Intermittently Go Offline
So here's what's going on...all cameras (whether it's Ultra or Pro 3 on Ultra or Pro 3 base stations...I'll get into that below) will intermittently go offline at the exact same time, and without doing anything they will randomly come back online. The "Your device is not connected - Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working internet connection." comes up for all cameras at the same time. Now, here's some basic facts of exactly what happens when this occurs:
- This occurs on both the iOS app and the web browser so it's not an app issue.
- It is not a WiFi channel issue. I have a Linksys Velop system and the 2.4 network is on channels 3, 4, and 7. The node that the Arlo base station is plugged into is on 4. Arlo support tells me base stations are ALWAYS on channel 1 so this should not be causing it. Just in case it matters, 5Ghz is on channels 36, 36, 48, 161, 161, and 161.
- It is not an internet speed issue. I have Frontier fiber and am consistently getting a minimum of 500 mbps both upload and download with 0 or 1 ms ping.
- It is not a router issue. The velop system notifies me if a node loses connection and I have never had this happen. I tested to make sure this works and the notification works flawlessly.
- The base station shows a solid blue light as though everything is working perfectly when this does occur.
- All cameras and base stations have been fully up to date with firmware.
- The BIGGEST Concern: CVR still records!! I paid for CVR service just to prove this to Arlo's worthless customer service team. With CVR, say the system goes "down" for 15 minutes and it says all cameras are offline, once the system works again I can go into the CVR timeline and the camera was recording the entire time. I do not have any local recording so the camera is recording fine, sending the video the base station, and uploading it to the cloud.
This exact same issue was also happening with my Arlo Ultra base station...I used to have a 4 camera Ultra system. Arlo support was worthless and thought it was a hardware issue so I used my Best Buy protection plan to replace. They were sold out of Ultra's so now I have an Arlo Pro 3 base station with 2 cameras and a floodlight...and the same issue! If this is not addressed soon I'll be getting rid of Arlo altogether. Unfortunately I do love the functionality of the system when it works and I was using his system for a year straight with no issues up until now.
Anyone have any ideas what could be happening? Really hoping it's just an Arlo screw up and it will be fixed quickly with a base station update.Whenever I get a notification of somebody in my yard like a delivery, I watch to make sure that's what it is and not somebody snooping around.
I'm experiencing the same issue. All camera's are offline when I open the app and all come back online at the same time and this can take up to 5 minutes. I have good internet speeds, connection is stable and have excellent WiFi coverage. Turning the smart hub OFF then ON makes no difference with a solid blue light all the time. I deleted the app and reinstall which improved the situation with Arlo being offline only intermittently now and when it does go offline its only for a short duration <1 minute.
This issue has nothing to do with the iOS app for me. I had previously tried re-installing the app and the issue persists on the web browser platform on a computer as well.
Here's a screenshot of exactly what's happening. At this very moment the internet connection was perfect, there was no loss of power/internet whatsoever that occurred, and the base station was solid blue as though everything was good. I'll post a second screenshot in a moment which shows that the cameras were actually recording and working but the issue with the base station / software prevented any notifications from occurring or me being able to view them. FIX THIS ARLO!
There is another post that discusses the same issue that you are currently going through. I too am still waiting on a fix. It's frustrating to go to the app to view a camera and then get the message that cams are offline then have to wait 5-10 minutes sometimes to access the cams. This happens EVERY DAY. Come on, Arlo. Get this fixed already.
The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.
A new version of the iOS mobile app is available from the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.