4540 Base offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bridgevillemike
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 4540 Base station went offline and I can't get it to reconnect. I "removed the device" and when I try to reinstall it I get the No Arlo Devices found. This system has been working fine for the last 4 years so this is a nes problem

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the LED show when first completely booted (~2 minutes)? Try resetting the hub by holding the reset button for >15 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. If that doesn't help, you can try connecting the hub using a computer browser (my.arlo.com) since that sometimes works better. Otherwise it sounds like a faulty hub. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bridgevillemike wrote:

My 4540 Base station went offline and I can't get it to reconnect. 

Do you see the base in your router's attached device list?

Bridgevillemike
Aspirant
Aspirant
When the base is powered up it goes through:

orange
blue
Flashing orange

It stays in flashing orange permanently.  When the reset is held it goes through:

Blue/orange alternating
blue
flashing orange
blue

When I map my LAN it shows up on the router list.

When I ask my phone to search for Arlo device it still comes up with No Device found

Mike H
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

• blue/amber flashing normally means a firmware update is in progress.  Not sure if that applies when you are holding down the reset button.
  • Unfortunately, blinking amber includes the catchall "some other connection error".

The mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) might have some suggestions.

Bridgevillemike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there way to determine if my base station is dead. If so is there any warranty on the base? It is about 4 years old.

Mike

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bridgevillemike wrote:

Is there way to determine if my base station is dead.

Start by looking at the router's attached device list, and see if the base is shown there.

@Bridgevillemike wrote:

If so is there any warranty on the base? It is about 4 years old.

The warranty is 1 year.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation