Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4000 base station does not connect to WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AndreaLapointe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having trouble with a camera and decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling.  Cannot get it to connect to WiFi.  Says password incorrect.  I have tried resetting password but same message.  I have tried entering my WiFi password but will not authenticate

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaLapointe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not that I know of.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndreaLapointe wrote:

4000 base station does not connect to WiFi

It never does, it connects over ethernet.

Though it does create a closed WiFi system for the cameras (and the password for that is unknown).

@AndreaLapointe wrote:

I was having trouble with a camera and decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling.  Cannot get it to connect to WiFi.  Says password incorrect. 

What camera model is this?  I am bit confused on whether you are trying to connect it to your home wifi, or whether you are trying to connect it to the base station.

AndreaLapointe
Aspirant
Aspirant
But when I follow the steps for adding a device i.e. base station it tells me to connect the Ethernet cable and then directs me to connect to my to WiFi.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndreaLapointe wrote:
But when I follow the steps for adding a device i.e. base station it tells me to connect the Ethernet cable and then directs me to connect to my to WiFi.

The base connects to the internet with ethernet, so you have to do that first.

The phone (tablet, PC) you are using for onboarding also has to be connected to your home network.  That would be your normal home wifi (or alternatively ethernet for a PC).  If you are struggling to connect to your home network with your phone, you could try using a PC - browse to my.arlo.com.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation