Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've 3 Arlo pro 3 cameras set up and connected to VMB4540 base

I've created a custom mode has follows

Drive (Cam) - when motion detected, Record on "drive" cam,  I also added a device "front" cam to record - So in  theory the drive cam should record on motion and also the front cam should record even if there's no motion within its activity zone ?

This cross triggering doesn't seem to work has expected, So the Drive cam records and the video saves to cloud, but there's no recording on the cloud from the front cam, although the symbol motion within the app shows activity, The motion symbol turns orange  on both cams !!

So i'm not sure why there's no cross trigger recording from the front cam, I've tried many times deleted the custom mode and recreated it , Created using web portal and android app but still no luck  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sime wrote:

I've created a custom mode has follows

Drive (Cam) - when motion detected, Record on "drive" cam,  I also added a device "front" cam to record - So in  theory the drive cam should record on motion and also the front cam should record even if there's no motion within its activity zone ?

Yes, it should.  You could try setting the "drive" cam action to "do nothing" (only triggering the front cam), and see if that changes the behavior.  The idea here is to prevent simultaneous recordings (as a test).

What is your internet uplink speed?

Sime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've figured it out, 

If the camera that's you want to trigger has activity zones sets up - it will be triggered by the other camera but will not record to the cloud unless there's motion within its activity zone, 

Strange but true

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sime wrote:

If the camera that's you want to trigger has activity zones sets up - it will be triggered by the other camera but will not record to the cloud unless there's motion within its activity zone, 

Strange but true

Thanks for following up.  I guess that is because supressing out-of-zone recordings is done in the cloud.  But it shouldn't work that way.

Sime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm disappointed with this feature, I'd rather it to record and be triggered by another cam because I'm asking it to record regardless of activity zones,

This mean me manually turning zones off over night to get the coverage i need has we still can not schedule activity zones

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sime wrote:

I'd rather it to record and be triggered by another cam because I'm asking it to record regardless of activity zones,

I agree with you.  Perhaps post this in the idea exchange.

If the motion is outside of the triggering camera's activity zone, then there shouldn't be a saved recording from either camera.  If it is inside the triggering camera's activity zone, then there should be a saved recording from both cameras.

@Sime wrote:

This mean me manually turning zones off over night to get the coverage i need has we still can not schedule activity zones

If you enable direct access to stored videos, I think you'll find that the front camera video is saved locally.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

That would be simpler than recreating the activity zones every morning.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation