Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 Months Free but already being charged

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Shellyb86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my Arlo cameras last month. I am supposed to have 3 months free of the subscription but I am already being charged. Has anyone else had this happen?

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shellyb86,

When you onboard your cameras, the trial plan is automatically applied upon installation and does not require you to purchase a subscription immediately. Did you manually purchase a subscription?

JamesC

Shellyb86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, during setup it asked for payment info so I entered it. I assumed that it would use my payment information once the free trial was up.
Eric344
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Pro 3 at SAMs club and no code was on the receipt.  I just didn't sign up for anything yet and cannot reach customer support for help.  I was afraid if I signed up then they would just go ahead and charge me.  Still no customer support on live chat or the phone.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eric344,

There is no code required, the free trial is automatically applied on installation.

Shellyb86,

If you selected a plan and entered payment information immediately upon installation, that means you signed up for an Arlo Smart Plan.

JamesC

Shellyb86
Aspirant
Aspirant
So how do I go about getting a credit for the months that should have been free? I should still be receiving my free months.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shellyb86,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Eric344
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are WRONG James C.  My trial plan did not automatically start.  I was required to start a subscription immediately.  You need to start fixing this James C and quit putting out false information.  I am still struggling with trying to get the 3 months free.  Starting to smell a bait and switch but will try calling support again before I get totally upset with Arlo.  

Eric344
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wrong.  The sign up process is flawed and oriented to give Arlo the ability to charge you first and ask questions later.  Boarder line fraudulent process and there is no free 3 month option.  

GKelsey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have not been able to figure out how to get my free 3 month subscription started.  No one answers on chat or the phone.  I didn't have a 16 digit number code on my receipt, either, as stated in the app.  No answers here.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GKelsey,

Are you attempting to contact support through: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If your 3 month trial did not apply automatically after setting up your camera, please contact support using the link above and open a ticket.

JamesC

Missred1128
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had similar experience. Free trial was not brought up during setup until AFTER you enter info for subscription plan. According to customer service, this is users wrong doing. But users are well aware that the subscription plan is offered during set up first and then the 3 month free trial. Don't waste time talking to customer service because they give you the run around and then tell you that you are essentially responsible for that charge and to cancel that charge you must then cancel your plan. That is their solution. Once you cancel your plan to take advantage of your 3 month free trial, you lose access to anything already on your camera. I have msgs between customer service for proof. What a joke.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation