Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yellow Dot meaning

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CasaBish
Follower
Follower
Hi, just wondering what does the yellow dot mean in the device setting button. I've checked all links to see any notification or any setting that needs update but I can't seem to find what the yellow dot seem to mean/indicate.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have such a dot on a camera that's disabled. It seems to be a cautionary indication that something needs to be checked such as battery level, etc. I do see that you're connected to AC power so look for anything in the camera settings that may cause this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I have such a dot on a camera that's disabled. It seems to be a cautionary indication that something needs to be checked such as battery level, etc. I do see that you're connected to AC power so look for anything in the camera settings that may cause this.

Actually I think it means that the system has detected that the camera has been moved - so the activity zones might need to be readjusted.

At least that's what I've always found it to mean.  One of my Ultras is showing that dot now, and when I look at the settings via my.arlo.com, it shows me this:

backyard.png

dcfox1
Master
Master

Weird I move two cams around a lot and forget to adjust the Zones but never saw that message or Yellow dot. Just did it today in a different location. Not saying @StephenB  is wrong. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I had new yellow dots appear over the settings icons in the Arlo app for Android on all but one of my cameras.  This occurred immediately after I switched to a paid subscription, having been on the free trial for some time. On clicking into settings there were no messages that indicated why the yellow dot was present.  On further investigation I found that the only camera which didn't have the yellow dot was one where there were no activity zones created (none needed for that camera).

Making a tiny adjustment to the activity zones on each camera, saving those changes, closing the Android app and starting the app again resolved the problem - yellow dots are now gone.  I assume this is bug currently present in the Android app - there were no yellow dots or other odd notifications when logging in via the web interface.  Presumably the bug will be resolved in time.  I hope this helps.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation