Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrong time zone stamp, cannot change time zone in app or PC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DancingNancy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the US eastern time zone. All of my videos are timestamped Pacific time. I am unable to change the time zone through settings -- there is no drop down arrow or link to select a new time zone. I'm at a loss.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you didn't set the timezone initially when setting up the hub in the first place, that could be the issue. You may need to remove all devices from your account and start fresh. Be sure to choose the proper TZ when prompted.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DancingNancy,

To change your time zone, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Locations and Plan > Time Zone > select the appropriate time one from the list.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

DancingNancy
Aspirant
Aspirant

DBC3FF4B-2FC7-40BF-AA41-61A10D786AB5.jpeg
Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow me to click on the time zone to change it. That’s why I came to the forum. ☺️

DancingNancy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not use a hub. I set my address and, I thought, my time zone when I first set up the cameras. Now I’m noticing the time stamp on recordings is correct, but the time on notifications and the feed are incorrect. 

21BD977E-ACBF-4615-8D6F-4D44F22D5A65.jpeg

0A695D8F-A864-4E72-8B08-1259B064437E.jpeg

These screenshots show the wrong time/time zone on the feed/preview, but the correct time on the full clip. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

DancingNancy,

To change your time zone, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Locations and Plan > Time Zone > select the appropriate time one from the list.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue.

@JamesC I can verify that neither the Android app nor the web client allow you to change the timezone. The web shows a pointer that seems to allow you to clock on the it but does nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DancingNancy,

If you remove the Floodlight and add it as if it were new, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DancingNancy wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow me to click on the time zone to change it. That’s why I came to the forum. ☺️

It looks like the timezone is locked when you enter the location.

Maybe try entering a different address, and then change it back?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation