Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart trial ended and now the light does not activate

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dutch1060
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once my free trial to Smart ended on my Pro 3 Floodlight, the light stopped activating with motion.   I chatted with customer support and was told that I need the subscription for the light to activate.  I can't find any reference in any official document or online review of this unit that the light is part of the subscription.    I tried attaching the floodlight cam to my single camera Smart plan that I use for Doorbell, and yep, the light only works when the Smart subscription is applied.    Anyone else finding the same thing?   How do they sell a floodlight and fail to tell you that you have to subscribe for the light to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's on the box that a trial subscription is included. Certainly that tells you that a subscription is needed. ANy camera newer than the Pro 2 needs a subscription for cloud recordings. If you look at the product description on arlo.com, you'll see a section that says a 3 month trial is included and a button for Learn More which specifically talks about the cloud recordings.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's on the box that a trial subscription is included. Certainly that tells you that a subscription is needed. ANy camera newer than the Pro 2 needs a subscription for cloud recordings. If you look at the product description on arlo.com, you'll see a section that says a 3 month trial is included and a button for Learn More which specifically talks about the cloud recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation