Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M_M_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone help - my sensor light picks up movement fine and turns on at night when it should, however no camera recording is taken at the same time and I never receive notifications.

I live next to a reserve and recently there was a small deliberately lit fire which triggered my floodlight to turn on, however I couldn’t assist the police when asked because no footage was recorded when the floodlight turned on. Surely the same motion should have triggered both, not just the light? Very frustrating for such an expensive product.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? Is the camera connected to a hub with local recordings configured? Have you tested to see  if you can duplicate the issue? I wouldn't think a small fire would necessarily trigger a recording, even if motion sensitivity was set to 100% because that's not the designed usage.

M_M_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still within the 3 month free subscription so yes, I don’t have a hub it’s through my WiFi.

My point is, if the motion is enough to trigger to sensor light to turn on within the activity zone, surely it should be triggering a recording as well?

What is the designed usage if it isn’t to record activity in the set activity zone?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode to ensure the rule settings are appropriate? Even if they are, create a new custom mode for testing. It's possible that removing and resyncing the camera is needed but be aware that will likely eliminate your trial subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation