Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dickey38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think at one point during setup I found a menu that let me select what kind of motion (vehicle, animal, any motion, …) I wanted to have trigger recording.  Now I can’t find such a menu, although notifications indicate cause of motion (animal, automobile, etc). 

Is this menu well hidden, or was I dreaming?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That setting is in Settings, Smart Notifications. Select a camera to change the settings. Note that you will have to maintain your subscription to be able to use these after the trial runs out.

dickey38
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I've got it. 

Now another question -- I found that I had set toggles People, Vehicles, Animals ON and Motion OFF.  However most of my clips show motion as the cause.  Looks to me like snowing and wind blowing tree branch is triggering recordings.  I have motion sensitivity set to 40%.  

Thanks again for your help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dickey38,

These settings suppress notifications, recordings of these events will still arrive in the library. For more information, take a look here: How do I enable the Arlo Smart person detection feature?

JamesC 

dickey38
Aspirant
Aspirant
dcfox1
Master
Master

@JamesC wrote:

dickey38,

These settings suppress notifications, recordings of these events will still arrive in the library. For more information, take a look here: How do I enable the Arlo Smart person detection feature?

JamesC 

Thanks for clearing that up, There has been one person that keeps saying they would be discarded, as I get "Motion" recordings also but not the notification as you described. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation