Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pichameurs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Community,

After this latest firmware update (1.080.30.2_35_cbacb46), one of my Pro 3 Floodlight camera's video is displaying with a red/purple tint. Before the update, my camera worked and displayed just fine. I have updated the App, restarted my camera, and even unmounted the camera to pop out battery to factory reset and it continues to display the red/purple tint. I recently uninstalled/reinstalled my camera, in hopes that would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it did not. Has anyone experienced this issue? Know of a solution? Any additional information is appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Pichameurs wrote:

unmounted the camera to pop out battery to factory reset 

That reboots the camera, but does NOT do a factory reset.  FYI, the way to do a hardware reset is to 

1. remove the camera from the account
    2. open the housing and press the sync button inside until the camera LED flashed amber
    3. add the camera back to the account.

Your issue is usually caused by a stuck Nightvision (IR) filter.  Not sure if a reset will resolve that, but probably worth a try. 

Some have found that moving a strong magnet under the lens frees it up again.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pichameurs wrote:

unmounted the camera to pop out battery to factory reset 

That reboots the camera, but does NOT do a factory reset.  FYI, the way to do a hardware reset is to 

1. remove the camera from the account
  2. open the housing and press the sync button inside until the camera LED flashed amber
  3. add the camera back to the account.

Your issue is usually caused by a stuck Nightvision (IR) filter.  Not sure if a reset will resolve that, but probably worth a try. 

Some have found that moving a strong magnet under the lens frees it up again.

Pichameurs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there. Thank you for your response. I did complete both resets with no change in video display output. However, I will try the magnet solution given to see if that helps. Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation