Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot connect Pro 3 floodlight to wifi. I can get to the point where the QR code is read and the camera chimes, but no further. Used both IOS app (v 3.6.8) and Macbook Air (my.arlo.com in Safari). Tried in two different houses with different wifi networks (both Hitron modems, Shaw.ca). Verified phone/laptop are on same 2G network, verified wifi password was correct. Disabled 5G on router. Disabled all firewall on router. “forgot” 2G networks, relogged in. Rebooted phone, laptop, modem. Cycled power using battery. Sync button 15 second reset hundreds of times. Called Arlo customer support twice. What next?
14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have special characters in the network name or password, you might try removing them.

Some wifi networks have settings that allow clients to reach the internet but block them from "seeing" each other.  If you have any settings like that enabled, you need to disable them.

Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
SSID no special characters. Password no special characters.

Standard Hitron modem from Shaw cable. I don’t suspect it prevents clients on the same network from talking.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mattward439 wrote:
SSID no special characters. Password no special characters.

Standard Hitron modem from Shaw cable. I don’t suspect it prevents clients on the same network from talking.

Guest Networks often do this by default.  But I'm not seeing this in the Hitron CODA-551x manual.

Of course Mac Address Filtering could prevent new clients from joining the Hitron.  But I think you'd have already sorted that out if you use that feature.

Have you checked the attached device list in the Hitron after you hear the chime?  Often the camera is able to join the wifi, but for some reason the Arlo app can't find it.  It'd be helpful to know if that is your situation or not.

Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, the Pro 3 Floodlight camera FB1001-A00BE shows up in the Hitron 2G wireless connected devices.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mattward439 wrote:
Yes, the Pro 3 Floodlight camera FB1001-A00BE shows up in the Hitron 2G wireless connected devices.

Ok.  So the only missing step is that the app can't find the camera for some reason.

Unfortunately, there's no real solution to that problem.  About all we can suggest is to try again.  If the macbook is connected via wifi, then try connecting it with ethernet instead. That sometimes works when the app fails.

Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
I connected Mac to router with Cat5, turned off wifi on Mac. Used my.arlo.com using Safari on Mac to try and add device. Hitron Connected Devices shows 2 IP addresses for device FB1001-A00BE, 192.168.0.23 (5G) and 192.168.0.24 (2.4G).
Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
I added a Buffalo whr-300hp2d router to the LAN port of my Hitron. Mac wifi and Arlo setup set to 2.4G Buffalo network. FB1001 shows up Buffalo DHCP Clients but not in Wireless clients.
Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have experienced the same issues with the 2 floodlight cameras installed in my new home as well as the replacement floodlight camera I purchased yesterday. Is there any option to update firmware by user?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mattward439 wrote:
I added a Buffalo whr-300hp2d router to the LAN port of my Hitron. Mac wifi and Arlo setup set to 2.4G Buffalo network. 

Interesting.

You could try disabling the Hitron wifi, and setting the Buffalo to use the same network name and password that the Hitron is using.

Then if you can onboard with the Buffalo, you can try turning it off and then re-enabling the Hitron, and see if the cameras still show up online.

@Mattward439 wrote:
 FB1001 shows up Buffalo DHCP Clients but not in Wireless clients.

Do you mean it's not showing up in the Buffalo's list of wireless clients?  Or that it isn't showing up on the Hitron?

Mattward439
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the same results with Hitron modem and Buffalo modem. DHCP client but not Wireless client. I brought floodlights to Geek Squad/Best Buy. Same results. I got an RMA from Arlo, will return units. On a side note, successfully added Arlo Wired Doorbell so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mattward439 wrote:
I got the same results with Hitron modem and Buffalo modem. DHCP client but not Wireless client.

Not sure that is particularly relevant to the onboarding issue.

lp77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having a very similar problem with my second essential camera.

Tried to do the factory reset but it never flashes just 3 times Amber.
On trying to connect, it gets on the network (can see it on router, after removing it from the client list and doing up to the chime), but it just won't connect to the app.

My other cameras work fine, and this did until yesterday when I had to swap my router for a few hours and back.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lp77,

Make sure the camera is fully charged, attempt the factory reset again and then attempt to onboard. Do you experience the same issue?

JamesC

lp77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.
My issue was different in the end. I was selecting arlo essential and not arlo essential floodlight (maybe needs to be a bit more obvious for a doofus like me)
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation