Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

James or anyone who can help, I have a Pro 3 camera/floodlight (FB1001) and a solar panel (VMA5600) that can only be unplugged from the magnet to the base no way to unplug it from the solar panel itself which has worked OK and was charging WITH a lightning bolt through battery.  BUT, all of a sudden it is not charging and NO LIGHTNING BOLT showing on battery icon with plenty of sunlight- I cleaned the contacts on the magnetic connector and pulled out the battery and also did a factory reset and unistalled and reinstalled devise with no luck. WHY WOULD IT ALL OF A SUDDEN STOP CHARGING? I have had this camera & solar panel for a while so I am pretty familiar with how to trouble shoot but I can seem to figure this one out-

9 REPLIES 9
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

James- I have reached out to your technical support team with no luck in getting it resolved. Can you please look into this- My solar panel VMA5600 was working and charging and showing the lightning bolt through the battery icon but for the last 3-5 days there is no lightning bolt through battery icon and not charging and losing battery life while solar is connected and plenty of sunlight. We replaced this solar panel once before for not working properly. This one worked for a while then all of a sudden stopped- Is there an updated new solar panel for this camera FB1001? The VMA5600 solar panel cable does not disconnect from the panel itself only the magnetic end- Is there a newer solar panel that you can unplug both ends of the cable?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kr67mustang,

Do you have an open support ticket I can refer to and escalate? Could you provide the ticket number?

JamesC

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

James- thank you for your reply- I have a Case Number: 42549533 for this solar panel issue.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

James- I just opened a new ticket 42552819  for this issue since not sure if the other one is still active-

I hope to get this resolved along with the recording delay I have experienced since last Dec. We had someone walk into our garage and the camera did not start until they were already walking away with my stuff. To late to activate the alarm or contact a neighbor. Like a 6-10 sec delay before camera activated to record. Arlo Security Camera does not make me fell very secured or safe-

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

Believe it's faulty.

I have had 3 VMA5600-10000S that I purchased a year ago. One of them suddenly stopped charging exactly one year after purchase and it was replaced with a new one VMA5600-20000S.   And today the same thing happened to the other two after 1 year and 3 months.  It's not the camera because I tested with a new camera and the same result.   I've read somewhere that the original solar panel 10000S is not very well made.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Bingo PGalore-

if you keep reading you will find that MOST ALL ARLO PRODUCTS are "not very well made"

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
James- help me understand this one- Arlo Pro 3 camera/floodlight (FB1001) with Arlo solar panel (VMA5600) and my phone app is showing Red Battery light 100% and charging but the battery has zero charge and shut down. I now am charging battery by plugging it into battery charger- and no way is it charged anywhere near 100% if charged at all- Don’t get how and why so many issues with one product and people keep buying them- best regards, Frustrated customer
NeedHelp7
Initiate
Initiate

I have this issue also. I purchased mine in mid-2021. It is fairly new. The solar panel works for a while. Then, the camera completely dies. We have to get a ladder and take it in the house to charge the camera. Then, it works for a few weeks, and it happens again. Did you ever get a resolution?

AussieSkier
Star
Star

I have exactly the same problem.

SOLAR PANEL V2 ARLO++PRO 3&4 VMA5600-20000S

I recently purchased the above unit and fitted it 7 days ago to an existing Arlo Ultra camera.

There have been no detection events with the attached camera, however the battery has drained from 99% to 12% over a period of 6 days, significantly more than the normal power drain for zero usage.

The solar panel was installed as per instructions.

• The panel was installed within 200mm of the camera
  • Existing battery charged to 100%
  • Trickle charge cable is secure
  • Base station was reset
  • Ultra Camera was removed and re-paired to the base station

We live in Australia, there is ample sunshine available

Arlo support, as it has been for many many years is very poor

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation