Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight not recording to Library, BaseStation=VMB4000r3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bhu2162
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000r3 base station with USB flash drive, and installed two Pro 3 floodlight since early December 2021. The library stop working since yesterday after the 3 months trial period.

I still get notification on my iphone when camera detects movement, but the library is empty.

Do I need subscription to enable the recording to local USB flash storage on my VMB400r3?  How do I do that is the library is empty?

Best answers
  • jguerdat
    Guru
    Guru

Cloud recordings stop after the trial expires but the local recordings should continue. Unfortunately, with the VMB4000 you must safely eject the USB drive to view recordings on a computer. The 4540 and 5000 hubs can be used with the app to directly view these recordings but no base with a model number below those allows for this (hardware limitations, I believe).

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cloud recordings stop after the trial expires but the local recordings should continue. Unfortunately, with the VMB4000 you must safely eject the USB drive to view recordings on a computer. The 4540 and 5000 hubs can be used with the app to directly view these recordings but no base with a model number below those allows for this (hardware limitations, I believe).

bhu2162
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  It is very inconvenient to remove the USB flash drive to view the recorded video instead on the APP or PC browser.

I don't think it's a HW limitation, instead, it's likely a SW feature disable after 3mo trial. 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bhu2162 wrote:

it's likely a SW feature disable after 3mo trial. 😞

FWIW, the VMB4000 isn't working any differently now that the trial has ended.  When the trial was active, you were looking at recordings stored in the Arlo Cloud.  You weren't able to access recordings stored on the USB drive.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation