Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight detects motion, but doesn't record.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MikelRensing
Follower
Follower

I have a Pro 3 Floodlight. It is paired to a base station, and records video to that device. It use to work fine, but for the last couple of months it will send a motion detected alert, and not record video. It will then send another motion detected alert, and record video on the second alert.  However, the event has already passed and what is captured on video is a big bunch of nothing.  My recording will show an empty driveway, and then the next one will show a vehicle parked.  Nothing is happening in any of the videos.  Magically vehicle appear and disappear without being captured on video.  Likewise packages will be delivered, but how they got to the house is a mystery because the no one carries them to the house.  This device use to work. I paid extra to get the base station. I really don't want to have to move to the subscription to get this hardware (that is still under a year old) working.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A good first step is to remove the camera and then re-onboard it again. That should clear out any weirdness.

A reboot of the base may be useful, too.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation