Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight audio out of sync with video and floodlight not activating

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had continuous issues with my camera over the past 6 months. The camera is powered by a mains power supply using the official power cable from Arlo, and it is connected to a WiFi network less than 10 feet away. I find that I have to frequently restart the camera through the app to get the flood light to turn on when it detects motion. But often it will record motion on the camera without turning the flood light on. I have also found that when viewing recorded footage in the app the audio is not synced up with the video footage, there's almost a 10 second delay. I've tried resetting and repairing the camera to app etc. but it's clearly a software issue or just a bad camera.

I can't open a case and I can't use Live Chat, both options are disabled on the website. Any one experienced the same and fixed it?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're still in warranty so I would get the camera replaced. Since you don't seem to have a subscription so you could use Settings, Support to start a replacement, maybe one of the mods here can help. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat, I have got a subscription but unfortunately going through the support in the app just redirects me to the webpage where both Live Chat and Open a Case are disabled.

Hopefully I can get some help. Does it sound like an issue specific to my camera or is it a common issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cammerz,

If you have a subscription, you should be able to select support options within the mobile app for your Pro 3 Floodlight.

Take a look at the Support Center article here for instructions: What is the Support Center in the Arlo App?

JamesC

cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I can access that area of the app but as mentioned it just directs me to the support page on the web where I can just go to the community as Live Chat and Open a case are not current available due to Covid restrictions I assume.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation