Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Pro 3 Floodlight Nightmare - Motion alerts at night if it snows or rains

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
allBlacks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had zero false alerts overnight as now on battery power. A first for me.

This is the response I got to my case when I updated it and mentioned AC power issue and it has to be down to poor Arlo testing before launching this floodlight IMHO:

“Thank you for contacting us.

It is a known issue on our end, our engineers are aware of it and they are working on a fix.
To make sure that you are facing this issue please try connecting your Floodlight to the WiFi as opposed to the base station, as according to our engineers the issue does not occur in this mode.”

So that leaves either climb back up the ladder and pull camera down to re-sync to Wi-fi or run on battery and connect power cable to it when needs recharge. Both options suck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yesterday I removed my floodlight that has this issue from WiFi (which had "cured" the problem) and re-paired it with my hub. Only expected recordings were made overnight. While it's only a sample of one night, it seems to be fine now. No idea if a backend change was made or if it's due to removal and resyncing that fixed it. At least one other person here has said the removal and resyncing fixed it, too, so give that a try. I suppose that removal, connecting to WiFi, removal again and syncing with the hub may be the full steps but I tend to doubt it.

allBlacks
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after being assured by the person handling my case that this was a ‘known problem’ and connecting to my home hub Wi-fi instead of the Arlo base station is a temporary fix, I removed the floodlight, factory reset, connected to home Wi-fi and AC power attached - false motion alerts back again!!!

What sort of clown outfit is Arlo???
As much as I like my Ultra2 cameras this system is not worth the aggravation.
allBlacks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll make this my last post regarding Arlo as this system is not worth the hassle. Moderators can close this thread if they wish as I’m done with all this.

I had been told by the case handler to wait for 3.0 update.

I updated to 3.0 and reconnected my Arlo power cable, connected to home Wi-Fi as they suggested and the floodlight is back to being turned on by lights inside the house, rain etc..

I have been having zero issues when purely on battery.

The only difference with 3.0, there is no longer false motion alerts being registered in the library or sounding on the IOS app but the floodlight is back constantly turning on and off all night long.

So the fix it seems was the developers turning off the constant false motion activation showing up in the library and sounding alerts.

Needless to say I’m disconnecting the overpriced Arlo power cable again and back to battery as this is the only true fix before my neighbor has me in court. Brilliant. Well done Arlo tech. Waste of hard earned money.
Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation