Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New User: Onboarding Feedback

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi there, my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and SmartHub showed up today. Pleasantly surprised with the onboarding, setup and installation flow. Wanted to share some feedback while it's fresh in my mind for the product team. 

When I'm setting up multiple new devices, I want the onboarding (iOS app) flow to ask me which devices I have, so I know which order to set them up in. (It looks like I made my life marginally harder by configuring the floodlight first, smarthub is next.)

When I'm interrupted during the setup process, I want the app to remember my last step, so I can pickup where I left off. (I got through the camera setup but had to step away for about an hour. When I relaunched the app, the onboarding wizard was gone. I haven't found how to resume it yet, but I'm sure I can figure the last steps -- or just start over with the hub first.)

When I'm going through the new device wizard, I want easy access to what the different LED lights mean, so I can quickly resolve the issue. (I don't know how to tell when the battery is fully charged or what other lights mean, like firmware updating. I eventually found it, but seems to make sense to make it easier to find when you might need it.) 

Last, I couldn't get the camera to scan the QR code, even though the blue light was blinking. I didn't see "make sure your network password is correct" on this page, which would have saved me a few minutes. 

All in all, a pretty okay experience. Hope this helps polish it even more!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation