Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HB9EYP
Star
Star
How to turn on Pro3 light when movement is detected and I am at home not in bed yet? This is when i would need light walking around the house....I use typically geolocalisation with planning activation between 00h00 to 07h00 for video recording. If no planning my video are filled up while I or dogs are not asleep and walking around.

This is why i bought this flodlight (see my way in the dark and record video when asleep or not home).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HB9EYP,

The floodlight can be triggered manually or on motion detection. For more information on how this can be done, take a look here:

How do I trigger the floodlight on my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HB9EYP,

The floodlight can be triggered manually or on motion detection. For more information on how this can be done, take a look here:

How do I trigger the floodlight on my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera?

JamesC

HB9EYP
Star
Star
Tks James. I know all this but i bought this flood light for 2 reasons

1. Turn on with mouvement detection at night when i am home to see my way walking around the house before midnight. No need to record but fine if only flodlight records (I have 8 cams...).

2. Turn on and record after midnight when i am asleep or not home.

The problem is that i have 8 cameras and we can have only ONE mode activated!

You should allow at least TWO modes to be active. Otherwise if i want to switch light on movement before midnight i need to activate all cams and i will be flooded with wrong alarms as my dogs walk around the house till midnight. I don't want to switch mode manually every day but with planning.

With planning, we should be able to activate one mode i.e:

a) between 8pm and 11h30pm only flodlights are active and

b) after 11h30pm till 6am flodlights and all cameras are active for security.

Today i believe this is not possible. I don't need this lamp and detection if i have to turn it on manually..... or activate all cams every day manually when i go sleeping.

I am using geo-localisation when not home all cams activate automatically and this is a nice feature.

Please allow 2 modes in planning or to run at same time!!!
HB9EYP
Star
Star
Thanks i found i can add several time ranges in planning with different rules for each time range. Not sure whyi did not manage this 2 days ago, this solves my issue turning only flodlights before midnight on movement detection without recording. Good option.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation