Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight.PNG

Security at its brightest.
The award-winning Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera illuminates your property like never before.  Experience clear 2K video, superior brightness, and a convenient wire-free design.

For more information about your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and some other helpful resources, check out the links below:

Community Q&A: Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera Q&A 

Arlo Knowledge Base

YouTube

If you have any questions about the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

35 REPLIES 35
murphto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can this floodlight function as a regular, motion sensor floodlight?  IOW - does it stay on as long as it detects motion or does it have a maximum time limit before it times out and turns off?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

murphto,

The floodlight will remain on for the duration defined in your modes/rules when motion is detected, up to 5 minutes.. You can also manually activate the floodlight for 1 to 20 minutes (duration is adjustable within the settings).

JamesC

DrillSgt08
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd buy right this minute if you offered a Bundle Deal with the 

DanNOLA
Aspirant
Aspirant
I assume that with the design the light will “flood” out to the sides. Is it possible to rotate the camera 90 deg. to flood down a long alley rather than side to side? I know that you can rotate 180 with the pro 3.
Also will the 3 month Smart plan be available to those with an existing plan?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DanNOLA,

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight is capable of illuminating a large area, not just side to side, with a brightness of up to 3000 lumens. For tips on positioning your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight for best performance, take a look here: How should I position my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera?

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight comes with a 3 month Arlo Smart Trial. This will be applied to your account after you've installed the floodlight regardless of whether or not you already have an existing subscription plan.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DanNOLA wrote:
 Is it possible to rotate the camera 90 deg. to flood down a long alley rather than side to side? 

You can do that (nothing in the mount design prevents it).  The camera image won't be rotated,so you'll need to get used to looking at it sideways.  Also, the PIR motion sensors are designed to be most sensitive for side-to-side motion through the field of view.  If you rotate the camera, that shifts to top-to-bottom.

I haven't tried this, but suspect you'd still get a lot of light along the walls of the alley.

Tekn_Dr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, is it possible to use the Floodlight with an existing Wifi (without an Arlo base)?
The documents say a smart hub is optional and we have several unifi access points to get coverage around a large building. Can we connect some floodlights to a base (With localmsyorage) and some to a normal wifi?

When will you start shipping in Europe (Sweden)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the floodlights can be connected either by WiFi or to a hub/base.

Tekn_Dr
Aspirant
Aspirant

If connected to WiFi, is lack of local storage in a hub the only disadvantage?

For example, can IFTTT be used without a hub?

As I understand, the Floodlight is the only Arlo Cam that can be used without a hub. Is it likely that a normal Pro 3 will be possible to use without hub?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, the Q indoor cameras as well as the Go cameras don't require a base/hub but all the others do. No idea about either IFTTT or future products.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tekn_Dr,

When connected to a base station or SmartHub, the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight will gain access to local storage and 2K live streaming.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT. These integrations do not require it to be synced to a base station or SmartHub.

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

This has become my favorite Arlo camera, by far, although it is not ideal for every location. But with a combination of other Pro 3 cameras in those places, The cameras are great.

akplui
Aspirant
Aspirant
How much of decibel performing?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

akplui,

The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight siren has a volume output of 80 decibels.

JamesC

CanonDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand that the light with battery only will be 2000 lumen and you need to plug it in to achieve 3000. If the floodlight is connected to a solar panel, will that get you to 3000 or do you need the outdoor charging cable connected for power to reach 3000? Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panel is just a trickle charger so won't give you the extra light. That requires AC power.

GSEPiscataway
Aspirant
Aspirant

7-26-2020: Just bought this. I charged the battery first. I scanned the bar code on my phone through my Arlo app, (Blue light was flashing) The unit beeped but the app could not find the device. So I scanned the bar code again, and it beeped again but the app still can not find the camera. My Wifi is fine. (2.4gh) ( Battery is charged)

Then I tried to sinc the unit with my Arlo router which currently has only 3 camera's on it.

Again nothing is getting picked up. What am I doing wrong?

Help...:(

Thanks, Linda B.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GSEPiscataway,

Try factory resetting the floodlight. This can be done by pressing and holding the sync button for 15+ seconds until the amber LED flashes, then release. Try on-boarding again and let us know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

GSEPiscataway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James;

Thank you for the help but that did not work either. I held the sync for 15 seconds, got the flashing amber light. 

Assumed that it was reset to factory specs.

This did not solve the problem.

I am getting upset with it and will most likely be sending it back.

I just don't get it.

It will not scan the bar code, even on a laptop. I even went as far as to remove the battery for 24 hours.

Nothing I do seems to be working. smh

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Again, Thank you.

Linda

GSEPiscataway
Aspirant
Aspirant

James;

Also....  

I have to hit the sync button to get the blue light to flash. I hold it in front of the bar code on the laptop. It flashes blue for almost 2 minutes, (Its a slow flash) then goes into an fast amber flash for a few seconds before stopping.

No beeps, no nothing.  I give up.  lol

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GSEPiscataway,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

FYI - this does not include the Pro 3 Floodlight and should updated: https://kb.arlo.com/1075729/What-is-IFTTT-and-how-do-I-use-it-with-my-Arlo-device

I'm in the research phase and almost crossed the Pro 3 Floodlight off my list because I didn't see it supported by that IFTTT article. Glad I found this thread.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

albertski,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We'll get this article updated.

JamesC

Jasonm47
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is the SmartHub for?? I installed 2 flood lights connected to my mesh WiFi system just fine. Subsequently bought a package with video doorbell, 2 Pro 3 cameras and SmartHub. I can’t figure out what it does though that I’m not already getting with a direct WiFi connection?
Discussion stats